This is a simple thing we do as a family each year. After Elder Holland's talk I thought I would pass it on. The Ensign published this awesome day by day time table and corresponding scriptures of the Savior's last week. It starts today as it is Palm Sunday. We just go over the scripture for first day for scripture study tonight and so on. On Passover Sunday we have a Passover dinner (last year we got Daphne's take out and served grape juice. The have the lamb meat, pitas, or unleaven bread, rice and "bitter" veggies). We also get out our gospel art kit and tape up the pictures that go along with the days events to our hallway wall. On Good Friday, Atonement Friday as Elder Holland called it, we share our testimonies of the Savior and why we are so happy that he was strong enough to do what he did for us. On easter their baskets are usually filled with stuff from the Church Bookstore. It has been a neat way to make Easter more meaningful for us. Here's the website to the Ensigns article we follow for the week.
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=c19576e6ffe0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

2 comments:
THAT IS SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!
I make a pass over dinner too :)
How fun! I love Easter Traditions.
One that i have had since I was little (even tho it has NOTHING to do with church) is a box of "fancy" cereal HA HA so something full of sugar. Mine was usually Capt Crunch with Berries that I got to eat BY MY SELF! AND SHARE WITH NO ONE!!!
Again, has nothing to do with church. But its one I plan on keeping.
When I have kids I totally plan on having things in the basket that are symbolic for things that Jesus did for us. I have it all written out and everything HA HA ya know, so I am prepared. In case I pop out a 3 year old any minute. (totally kidding about that) but still I like being prepared. It makes me excited to think about it.
Right now Mr. E Bunny gets Austin and myself things we need. Like last year a curtain rod and curtains. Of Course he was generous to throw in a couple of movies too (Austin will say Mr. E Bunny was to generous with movies but I will never agree)
Sorry I am kinda rambling now HA HA
HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER! Hope you had a fun trip down to OCEANSIDE! I was really really REALLY bummed I couldn't go :(
You are so cool, Jaydee! I love your blog. It's so fun to blog and share ideas.
I really love your easter ideas. I found a cute easter egg object lesson and put it on my blog too.
Also , I love you guys "wrapping" up the hall on Christmas. We HAVE to do that this year. ;)
Arianna
Post a Comment